Informing church leaders about COVID19 in the USA, providing timely training and resources. Recent webinars – video playback: Online Worship | Online Giving | Top Three WordPress Editing Skills You Need to Know Now
‘Social distancing’ is continuing in many locations. How is your church responding? How are you using technology for gathering and equipping the saints? Take a 1-minute survey.
- John Hopkins – global
- NY Times USA Map
- 5 Cs of Crisis Leadership
- 5 Ways – Church Response
- 7 Day Prayer Guide
- CDC Guidance for Churches
- Covid-19 and the Church
- Covid-19 Response Training
- Crisis Toolkit for Churches
- Leading in a Crisis
- Preparing Your Church
- Responding to Coronavirus
- Risk Mitigation Tool
Tools for online worship, etc.
- Facebook Live Studio
- Youtube Studio
Streams of Life – Live Streaming Resources Center – A gift from the Bible Society of Singapore.
Praying For Revival During This Pandemic
- Trump Proclaims National Day of Prayer For All Americans Affected by the Coronavirus ~ 14-Mar-2020
- Pew Research Poll: Majority of Americans Are Praying For Coronavirus Pandemic To End ~ 30-Mar-2020
- Barna Research: Online Worship is Up, Online Giving is Down – Before First Digital Easter ~ 30-Mar-2020
- “With all the great people in this country praying daily, we will get through this.” – Remarks from My Pillow CEO, Mike Lindell, at Trump Covid19 Press Conference ~ 30-Mar-2020
- Day of Prayer and Fasting – A call for all believers in the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA), the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) and the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA) to set aside Good Friday, April 10, as a day of prayer and fasting to cry out for God’s help.
- The Prayer of Jehoshophat – Seeing Beyond Life’s Storms
It Is Well With My Soul
Related News Stories, Analysis, and Lessons From History
A curated collection of additional resources, recent news stories, and lessons from history.
- Inside the Outbreak: Church in a Pandemic – “President calls for no gatherings of more than 10 people”
- Church Video Streaming – Lessons Learned from Seven Churches re: COVID19 ~ 15-Mar-2020
- Lessons Learned From Our First Sunday Worship Service – Live Streaming ~ 16-Mar-2020
- 34 Coronavirus Cases Linked to One Arkansas Church – ‘Take it Very Seriously,’ Pastor Pleads ~ 24-Mar-2020
- 43 Members of Glenview Church Said To Be Suffering COVID-19 Symptoms ~ 27-Mar-2020
- 43 People Fall Ill at Pentecostal Church After ‘Revival’, 10 Test Positive For Coronavirus ~ 27-Mar-2020
- ‘Perfectly Healthy’ Texas Sunday School Teacher, Age 44, Father of 6 – Dies From Coronavirus ~ 27-Mar-2020
- Some Megachurches Are Still Packing In Crowds ~ 29-Mar-2020
- With Coronavirus Spreading, Detroit Churches Struggle to Keep On ~ 30-Mar-2020
- Coronavirus and the Church: Latest News and Advice from Church Law & Tax ~ updated frequently
- Tampa Megachurch Pastor Arrested After Leading Packed Services Despite ‘Safer-at-Home’ Orders
- Liberty Counsel – Legal Analysis – Pastor Arrested After Tampa, FL Church Service ~ 30-Mar-2020
- Medical Doctor in Champaign, IL Offers COVID19 Testing in Church Parking Lot ~ 31-Mar-2020
- Essential Services? – Some churches fight stay-at-home orders on First Amendment grounds ~ 31-Mar-2020
- Many Pastors Bracing for Months of Socially Distant Ministry ~ 31-Mar-2020
- Mike Pence Tells Americans to Avoid Church Gatherings of More Than 10 People ~ 2-Apr-2020
- US Clergy Minister to the Sick and Dying via Facetime and Zoom ~ 2-Apr-2020
- DHS Warns Pandemic ‘Stressors’ Could Trigger Attacks on Houses of Worship ~ 8-Apr-2020
- Police Raid Church’s Drive In Service, Issue $500 Tickets to Entire Congregation ~ 10-Apr-2020
- Government Officials Use Pandemic As An Excuse to Attack Christianity ~ 13-Apr-2020
- Covid-19 has killed multiple bishops and pastors within the Church of God in Christ, the nation’s largest black Pentecostal denomination ~ 19-Apr-2020
- New York churches to offer coronavirus testing in low income neighborhoods ~ 12-May-2020
- Georgia Church Closes Two Weeks After Reopening as Families are Infected With COVID19 ~ 18-May-2020
- Two Southern Churches Forced to Re-Close After Leaders, Congregants Get Coronavirus ~ 19-May-2020
- CDC: Arkansas Coronavirus Outbreak Linked to Church Services – 19-May-2020
- MIssissippi Church in Legal Battle Over COVID19 Closure – Burned Down – Arson Suspected ~ 21-May-2020
- 1200 California Pastors Agree to Reopen May 31 In Defiance of Stay-At-Home Order ~ 21-May-2020
- Churches Were Eager to Reopen. Now They Are a Major Source of Coronavirus Cases ~ 8-July-2020
- Fact Check: Are Churches ‘A Major Source of Coronavirus Cases’? ~ 10-July-2020
- Grace Community Church Sues the State of California, and Gov. Newsom Over Church Closure ~ 13-Aug-2020
Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister’s Press Conference (above) – joined by State Attorney Andrew Warren and local religious leaders to announce the arrest warrant for local Pastor Rodney Howard-Brown.
Analysis, Editorials, and Theological Reflections
- Coronavirus and Christ – Free eBook and MP3 audio book ~ by John Piper
- Virtual Church Meetings in a Time of Plague ~ by Rev. Gregory Reynolds on opc.org
- What Should We Be Doing About The Coronavirus? ~ 5-Mar-2020
- Should Your Church Stop Meeting to Slow COVID-19? How 3 Seattle Churches Decided. ~ Christianity Today
- Should We Live Stream The Lord’s Supper? ~ Reformed Blogmatics
- Why a ‘Virtual Lord’s Supper’ Is Impossible ~ Scott Aniol – 10-Apr-2020
- How to Livestream Your Communion Service ~ How do you livestream a communion service? The answer is simple: You do not livestream a communion service because you cannot.
- Religious Liberty in a Pandemic ~ World Magazine, 24-Mar-2020
- Church Worship Services During Covid-19? ~ Helpful analysis, and Biblical counsel
- NY Times Op-Ed Blames Christians for Spread of Coronavirus ~ 27-Mar-2020
- As States Crack Down on Gatherings, Some Religious Exemptions Could Keep Pews Full ~ 29-Mar-2020
- The Lion Roars: Thoughts on COVID-19 ~ God is roaring! ~ 30-Mar-2020
- The Church After the Coronavirus ~ Important questions about the nature of the church have surfaced.
- Will Anyone View Our Shutdown as A Severe Warning From God? ~ 2-Apr-2020
- God’s Law and the Coronavirus Pandemic ~ 2-Apr-2020
- Science and Faith in Pandemic Times – webinar video – featuring Francis Collins, MD PhD – Director of the National Institutes of Health – Discussing reliable science in the context of Biblical faith. ~ 6-Apr-2020
- Center for Faith & Work – COVID19 Resource Guide ~ affiliated with Redeemer PCA NYC
- Church Plants – Fight for Community During COVID-19 – Gospel Coalition ~ 21-Apr-2020
- A Brief COVID-19 Analysis and Its Implications for the Church (part 1) ~ An analysis of the relevant, currently available data regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and public health response in the context of a Christian worldview. ~ By Dr. Daniel O’Roark ~ 23-Mar-2020
- A Brief COVID-19 Analysis and Its Implications for the Church (part 2) ~ An update and Biblical Analysis of the Response to the Pandemic – By Dr. Daniel O’Roark ~ 30-Apr-2020
- 7 Reasons for Unmasking the Masks ~ 8-July-2020
Lessons From History
- Help From the Past re: Plagues and Coronavirus – Part 1
- Historic Reformed Quotes on Social Distancing and the Adaptation of the Church in a Time of Spreading Disease
- What Social Distancing Looked Like in 1666
- Perspective: The Dreaded Cholera in Kentucky, 1832-1833 ~ This cholera epidemic was the first national pandemic in US history.
- Why the Second Wave of the 1918 Spanish Flu Was So Deadly ~ The first strain of the Spanish flu wasn’t particularly deadly. Then it came back in the fall with a vengeance – killing 20 to 50 million people world-wide.
- How DC Churches Responded When the Government Banned Public Gatherings During the Spanish Flu of 1918
If the resources and free training webinars listed on this page have been a blessing to you and your church, please consider making a donation to help us defray our expenses.